Terms Cancellation Policy
The unpleasant, but necessary, part.
When we accept your booking we will then turn down subsequent requests to book the rooms / nights that you have booked.
Therefore if you cancel, or fail to turn up for, your booking we are likely to suffer a financial loss.
We will always try to re-let any rooms / nights that you cancel, to reduce any loss
(and we will not charge you for any such rooms / nights that we manage to re-let).
However, the nearer it is to the time your booking is due to commence when you cancel, the less opportunity
we have to re-let the cancelled rooms / nights and the more likely it is we will suffer a financial loss.
We strongly recommend that guests take out appropriate holiday insurance to cover themselves in case they need to make a cancellation.
In the event of a full, or partial, cancellation of your booking:
- failure to arrive on the day that your booking commences, without having made any prior arrangement with us to alter your booking, will be deemed as a full cancellation of you booking.
- a request to alter the dates of your booking will also be treated as a cancellation of your original booking.
We will always endeavour to re-let the rooms / nights that you have cancelled.
If we are able to re-let any or all of the rooms that you booked then we will return that portion of your deposit that relates to the rooms / nights that we have re-let.
(Therefore if we re-let all the rooms for all the nights booked we will return your deposit in full.)
For those rooms / nights that we are unable to re-let:
- If you cancel more than 14 days before the start of your booking, then only the deposit you paid is forfeit.
- If you cancel between 3 and 14 days before the start of your booking, then the cost of 1 night’s accommodation for each such room (less any deposit relating to those room / nights which you have already paid) becomes due.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the day that your booking commences then 50% of the full cost for each such room (less any deposit relating to those room / nights which you have already paid) becomes due.
We will invoice you for any charges that become due after the end of the period of your booking (so that we can reduce the charge to you if we manage to re-let any of the rooms / nights that you had booked).
Whilst we will give due consideration to the reasons for your having to cancel your booking, it is at our sole discretion whether we offer any reduction on the charges that have become due, or agree to off-set any or all of your deposit against a new booking.